This year’s Queen’s Birthday honours saw our very own Damian Rogers AM named as a member of the Order of Australia for his “significant service to architecture, and to the building and construction industry, as a leader and administrator of professional organisations.”
Damian began his career apprenticing on building sites in the mid 1970’s, progressing through to a site subcontract foreman, before returning to study Architecture at the Advanced College, under Barry McNeil. Damian joined the Australian Institute of Building (AIB), whilst working for Hansen Yuncken in 1988, and has served as a Chapter Council Member, President, and today as the Tasmanian Chapter Secretary of the AIB.
Damian joined BPSM Architects as a Director, in July of 1995, where he has been involved with the design and project management on numerous high-profile projects. Damian is also a founding director of ArPM.
Damian Rogers’ Professional Affiliations
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Architects
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Building
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Current Chapter Secretary, Tasmania, Australian Institute of Building
- Current Co-Chair, Tasmanian Building Information (BIM) Hub Group
- Current Board Member, Board of Architects Tasmania
- Current Examiner, Board of Architects Tasmania
- Past National Hon. Secretary, Australian Institute of Architects
- Past Chapter President, Australian Institute of Architects
- Past National Councilor, Australian Institute of Building
- Past National Vice President, Australian Institute of Building
- Past Judge, National Professional Excellence in Building Awards
- Past Member, Hobart Health Forum
- Past State Chairman, Building Design Professionals.
Below is an article from The Mercury, 11 June 2018.